Saturday, February 20, 2010

Tea, Ghost Busters, and Interesting Items

I had a long conversation with an Aussie girl (I'm telling you, Aussies are all over Whistler!) while my laundry was drying the other day. I learned that Australians call dinner "tea", so when they say that they're going to "take tea" they're not sipping flavored hot water with biscuits, but rather are consuming a substantial meal. When I pressed the girl about it she shrugged and said "If we can shorten something to three letters, we do". Interesting, eh?

Tonight I got a call on the helpdesk from a German man who wanted to borrow a vacuum overnight. I ended up having to turn the call over to Scott (who, fortunately, was sitting right there) because I wasn't sure if we had protocol on something like that. In the end Scott told him to come on down and pick it up. He arrived not long after and Scott handed the vacuum to the German. "This is, very cool one...is like, Ghost Busters?" he marveled, clearly in awe of the vacuum that straps onto one's back. "Ghost Busters!" he exclaimed, picking up the contraption with a big grin. I think we just made his night.

Currently on our wall we have a list of "Most interesting thing found on-site". My personal favorites are:

        Found by                   Item                                          Location
#3. Scott/Culley    Dead, possibly sleeping, raccoon*         OBS Compound
#11 Ina                 1 cent :) very rich now!                          Middle section
#13 Culley             Jono's personality                                Lot 9**

*There is a blue sticky note on the list that reads: "Do you mean to say you may have thrown out a SLEEPING raccoon??!??"
**Scott wrote in today "found in a big pile of bear shit".

It's fair to say that I have fun at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment