Sunday, February 14, 2010

Let The Games Begin

Competition began at the Sliding Center today!

I got to watch some of the practice session this morning, during which I took these photos from inside Turn 16.



 
This last one I did crop in close. It is currently my desktop background

I was also able to watch some of the actual competition after I got off work. I saw some of the men's second run of the night. They will have two more runs tomorrow.

The excitement within Turn 16 was almost tangible tonight every time a Canadian luger got set to make his run. Cowbells clanged constantly, the cheering grew deafening, and red mittens warmed most hands. It was an exciting atmosphere to be engulfed in, and I was right in the action at the bend of Turn 16.

 
 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Great shots! It's got to be difficult with the delayed shutter on a digital camera to time the shot so that you can actually capture someone zooming by as fast as these people go!

    ReplyDelete