Wednesday, March 3, 2010

You Couldn't Pay Me To Do Skeleton

I was lucky enough to have the evening off on Thursday the 18th to take in some of the action at the WSC with the other girls. We caught Heat #2 of Women's Skeleton and Heat #1 of the Men's.

For this event, I decided to check out the vantage point by the finish line. Please note that the finish line and the finish dock are different, and quite a distance from each other. The finish line marks the conclusion of the official timing of the slide, but when going 90mph it takes quite a while to slow down. By the time the athletes reach the finish dock they have slowed down enough to stop and get off their sleds (or in the case of skeleton, they crash head-first into sheets of foam placed in the track).

At the finish line, the athletes were still a blur shooting past me. My first shot would have been awesome...had I stuck my camera out further!

That little blur is a skeleton woman crossing the blue finish line - trust me.

This one is better of the athlete

I'm pretty sure this was up by Turn 15, just up the hill from my normal spot in Turn 16


This is a Vancouver band called Swarm that entertained the crowd during the break in competition. They were awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment